Help with writing
Improve your use of academic English in your written assessments and presentations by booking an appointment with one of the Centre for Academic English and Skills tutors. They can help you to:
- understand how to approach a task and write critically
- boost your grades by getting advice on your draft assignments
- improve your use of academic vocabulary, grammar and style
- write effectively for different assessment types e.g. essays, reports, reflective writing
- understand your grammatical and punctuation errors so that you don’t make them again
- restructure your sentences and paragraphs to make them more effective
- check that you are referencing correctly
Alternatively, book an appointment with one of the University’s Writers in Residence who can help you with all aspects of academic writing.
Help with finding information and referencing
For quick queries, use our askalibrarian email or live chat. Or book a 1-1 appointment with your Academic Liaison Librarian for more in-depth help.
Alternatively look out for our online discovery sessions.
Help with IT
Contact IT via phone, online helpdesk, or live chat.
The TEL team can help with issues around any of the University’s online learning tools.
Help with additional needs
Contact the Disability and Dyslexia Service if you have specific support needs.
Help with mental wellbeing
‘Fancy a Cuppa?’ events or Study Happy events and resources can help if you’re feeling stressed.
The University also has loads of resources and support for your wellbeing and mental health.
Help with jobs and careers
Discover everything you need to know about CVs, interviews, part-time work and careers in one easy place with the Careers Service Quick Guides.